MANY PEOPLE HAVE SAID TO ME, "WHAT A PITY YOU HAD SUCH A BIG FAMILY TO RAISE THINK OF THE NOVELS AND THE SHORT STORIES AND POEMS YOU NEVER HAD TIME TO WRITE BECAUSE OF THAT.'

AND I LOOKED AT MY CHILDREN AND I SAID, 'THESE ARE MY POEMS. THESE ARE MY SHORT STORIES.




Monday, March 9, 2009

Holiday with my precious family

We are spread far and wide, my family and I. I have just spent 1 week with Kerry, my 2nd daughter. Her husband Johannes spends much time travelling as his job demands, spending weeks at a time in Namibia. Kerry works a full day & juggles children. She amazes me. Watching her, I can hardly believe I once did the same thing!
I was introduced to my youngest grandchild Shanni, now 5 months old. and how the others have grown! Tessni now 10 years, was 4 when I last saw her for any length of time, & JP was only 2 & is now 8. My daughter I have missed so, & it has been wonderful to discover who they all are now.
My mother, who has always been there, unconditionally, always loving and forgiving. I praise God for her good health and that she is very alive to live a full and very productive life. She exhausts me! Then ther is Chris, my Step father, who has been like a grandfather to my children. They all see each other fairly often, maintaining that fragile bond that can so often be broken when children grow up and lead their own lives.
In two days time I travel home to Durban and Pray we will not wait so long to see one another again, life is fragile and might choices must be made. My earnest pray is that I make those might choices, so I have no regrets as time goes by.











1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!