MANY PEOPLE HAVE SAID TO ME, "WHAT A PITY YOU HAD SUCH A BIG FAMILY TO RAISE THINK OF THE NOVELS AND THE SHORT STORIES AND POEMS YOU NEVER HAD TIME TO WRITE BECAUSE OF THAT.'

AND I LOOKED AT MY CHILDREN AND I SAID, 'THESE ARE MY POEMS. THESE ARE MY SHORT STORIES.




Tuesday, October 12, 2010

A PIGEON PAIR

I couldn't resist sharing this photo with you.
*
My two youngest grandchildren, they truly are a pigeon pair of cousins!*
Shanni on the right is 2 years old and is the youngest daughter of my 2nd daughter Kerry, and Nathan is the son of my son who is the "baby" of my 4 children, and he is almost 4 months old.
*
They do not live far from one another, Shanni lives in Middleburg and Nathan lives in Ermelo, both town are near each other in Mphumhalanga, South Africa. Ermelo is very cold and has had snow in the past and minus 0 temperatures are often the norm in winter. Middleburg is marginally warmer. My hope is that these young cousins will become friends as they are close in age.
*
Shanni's older brother and sister are 10 and 12 years.
*
In Cape Town, South Africa, 3 cousins growing up with one another are Shirley's two daughters Vicky 12 and Jessie 10, together with Lisa's daughter of 7.
*
My 4 children have recently undertaken to see more of each other, and it was brought home to them recently when their dad was tragically killed in a car accident, and we all took stock of our lives and now see the importance of visiting often, call, a short sms or email a week at least, and never forget to say "I love you" as often as they can.
*
We can never go back and change things, so lets just do it right the first time round.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

aaaahhhhhhh they are so cute!!!

Louiza

Anonymous said...

Good day!This was a really wonderful Topics!
I come from itlay, I was fortunate to search your topic in digg
Also I learn a lot in your topic really thanks very much i will come again