MANY PEOPLE HAVE SAID TO ME, "WHAT A PITY YOU HAD SUCH A BIG FAMILY TO RAISE THINK OF THE NOVELS AND THE SHORT STORIES AND POEMS YOU NEVER HAD TIME TO WRITE BECAUSE OF THAT.'

AND I LOOKED AT MY CHILDREN AND I SAID, 'THESE ARE MY POEMS. THESE ARE MY SHORT STORIES.




Friday, August 6, 2010

GO WELL, BOKKIE

Yesterday afternoon, we lost our beloved Bokkie.
She was sitting on top of the window rail and simply dropped like a rock, hitting her head on the way down.
A light went out for us, our ray of sunshine. Our funny, lovable, territorial, and often bad tempered little parrot was dead.
The four eggs she had laid, see 2nd last blog, still in the soup bowl.
Andy, my husband came to me (I was working downstairs) with tears in his eyes and said "we will have to bury Bokkie". But I had shared my toast with her only that morning, she was on the eggs not two hours prior to this, it was not possible.
Whether she had a heart attack we will never know, but all we have left of her now are these feathers and we have kept 1 egg.
I will save slowly for another parakeet, as they are wonderful pets to have, but it will be a while to do that, and although we cannot ever replace Bokkie and her strange little ways that always made us laugh so, hopefully we will find joy one day sharing our lives with another little creature such as she.
We so missed the morning routine this morning.

No comments: