MANY PEOPLE HAVE SAID TO ME, "WHAT A PITY YOU HAD SUCH A BIG FAMILY TO RAISE THINK OF THE NOVELS AND THE SHORT STORIES AND POEMS YOU NEVER HAD TIME TO WRITE BECAUSE OF THAT.'

AND I LOOKED AT MY CHILDREN AND I SAID, 'THESE ARE MY POEMS. THESE ARE MY SHORT STORIES.




Thursday, October 28, 2010

LIKE A SPRING GARDEN

At long last! here are a few previews as promised. My neighbour who lives in Pioneer Lodge with us has very kindly taken these photos so that you can see Widget for the first time. Since birth he has learned many tricks, the first one was walking!

He had a bare under carriage, few feathers on his wings and couple of orange feathers on his head, when he first came to us.

He slept in a shoe box with wood shavings in it to keep him warm due to his lack of covering. He slept on his tummy with his head to the side as he could not stand. During the day he slept between our continental pillows for hours at a time. He is still on baby parrot cereal, what a drama, wings flapping and if he is very hungry he manages to get the spoon out of my hand and I have to wrestle it back! He is pecking a few seeds when the mood gets him!

I play the sounds on the cellphone to him, bullfrog, cackle, you know the sort of thing, and of all the sounds, I now have a bullfrog in my flat!
I will show you a pic of him when he is very young as soon as a friend of mine can have it developed, but I was very fortunate to discover a resident who takes pics and could do this for me.







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Widget is too cute mom. I wish we could play with him - lol
Luv
Shirl