MANY PEOPLE HAVE SAID TO ME, "WHAT A PITY YOU HAD SUCH A BIG FAMILY TO RAISE THINK OF THE NOVELS AND THE SHORT STORIES AND POEMS YOU NEVER HAD TIME TO WRITE BECAUSE OF THAT.'

AND I LOOKED AT MY CHILDREN AND I SAID, 'THESE ARE MY POEMS. THESE ARE MY SHORT STORIES.




Tuesday, December 14, 2010

CELEBRATING WITH THE NEXT GENERATION!!


Last year I scanned photos of my children all decorating the christmas tree, and remembered the excitement of decorating the tree, the excitement of going to bed the night before Christmas day, and the excitement that belongs only to children when celebrating the birth of Christ.
*
Above we see Kerry's children, JP, Tessni and baby Shanni decorating the tree in their home in Middleburg, and under that Shanni with some shiney balls for the tree.


We travel half across Africa to Cape Town where we find Natalia, Lisa's daughter, (above) who is decorating the tree with her cousins. They have always celebrated Christmas together and the cousins have decorated the tree.
Above is Dad Trevor, Shirley,and Jessie with cousin Natalia, and below are Vicky {right} and Jessie {left}



This is a bitter sweet christmas for this little group of cousins and sisters as it will be the last time that they decorate the tree and celebrate the day together. Trevor and Shirley are leaving Africa for England in January.
*
I will be in Middleburg with my daughter Kerry, Johan her husband and children Tessnie, JP, and Shanni featured at the top of this page, for Christmas. I will also meet my son Brian's son, Nathan for the first time. He is already 6 months old!
*
Thank you girls for posting these pics on your blogs for me to steal for my blog!





No comments: