MANY PEOPLE HAVE SAID TO ME, "WHAT A PITY YOU HAD SUCH A BIG FAMILY TO RAISE THINK OF THE NOVELS AND THE SHORT STORIES AND POEMS YOU NEVER HAD TIME TO WRITE BECAUSE OF THAT.'

AND I LOOKED AT MY CHILDREN AND I SAID, 'THESE ARE MY POEMS. THESE ARE MY SHORT STORIES.




Tuesday, June 30, 2009

BACK FROM PRETORIA - brrrrrr....

I went to Pretoria as planned to visit my parents who had been burgled. It was wonderful to see them and my parents laptop has a camera at the top which enables her to speak to my sisters overseas. (I sound ignorant hey?). It was a real treat to speak to and see my sister who lives in Dubai, it is many years since we have seen one another but she seems to have changed not one bit!

The security of my parents house has been greatly improved, and there are "eyes" in the garden now too so anyone walking around on the premises is seen and reported in the house via a machine that can be taken to the bedroom, garage etc. My father calls it the "sqwak box", very descriptive!

The weather was another story however, coming from Durban we are not even wearing jerseys most of the time. However, for the past week it has, for us anyway, been FREEZING and the winter woollies and gymies have been haulled out of mothballs. However, at lease when it is cold we can dress for warmth, but in Durban in summer, especially February, you don't want to be here, neither do I. SO, I shall enjoy this wonder cold weather ........

No comments: