MANY PEOPLE HAVE SAID TO ME, "WHAT A PITY YOU HAD SUCH A BIG FAMILY TO RAISE THINK OF THE NOVELS AND THE SHORT STORIES AND POEMS YOU NEVER HAD TIME TO WRITE BECAUSE OF THAT.'

AND I LOOKED AT MY CHILDREN AND I SAID, 'THESE ARE MY POEMS. THESE ARE MY SHORT STORIES.




Tuesday, September 14, 2010

THE ALPHA AND OMEGA OF MY GRANDCHILDREN



This was a very special occasion. My daughter in law Louiza went to Cape Town and took Nathan - remember the post "and along came Nathan" in which he was just born. Well, that was 2 months ago now, and just look how he has grown!

*

Holding him is my eldest granddaughter Victoria-Leigh, Nathan is the last grandchild born, there are 5 grandchildren in between, and this photo has significance for me as I remember Shirley (Vicky's mom) in her matric year, holding the hand of Brian (Nathan's dad) at the begining of his first school year at the age of 6.

*

Here is to all the cousins knowing and growing together always!

No comments: