MANY PEOPLE HAVE SAID TO ME, "WHAT A PITY YOU HAD SUCH A BIG FAMILY TO RAISE THINK OF THE NOVELS AND THE SHORT STORIES AND POEMS YOU NEVER HAD TIME TO WRITE BECAUSE OF THAT.'

AND I LOOKED AT MY CHILDREN AND I SAID, 'THESE ARE MY POEMS. THESE ARE MY SHORT STORIES.




Friday, April 15, 2011

AMAZING LOVE

"Your FACES - and HANDS...... don't touch ANYTHING!!!

Three sets of eyes look up at me. My children have turned into sticky chocolate brownies.

"Oh my" - I try to sound delighted and surprised, "You found all the Easter bunnies chocolate eggs hidden all over the garden!" Three chocolate brownies smile at me, I see 3 sets of snowy white teeth fighting their way through the chocolate (I think of Colgate) they are well pleased with their cleverness and the obvious approval they have from me. I think to myself "It is so easy to make them smile and give them joy, as the years go by it will be a lot harder, as they experience life's hardships,  to experience such  joyful spontaneous pleasure. But for today, let us enjoy the chocolate, the bunnies, the egg hunts and the hot cross buns that we know will be served with tea."

In the photo above, they are 1, 2 and 3, almost 4 and it is Easter of 1979. They are sitting on the lawn of my mothers house in Salisbury. Gran has made them each a little basket full of lovely treats, sweets, and chocs.  As I look at this picture I think of her amazing love as she has lovingly put each one together, with each child in mind, to bring them joy.

That was HER joy, giving, but more especially creating what she gave. She gave projects like this her time, thought, and planning. She invested in the children greatly and passed on her love of creating unique gifts from the heart.

Easter is a time of rebirth and the most important on the Christian calendar. So, despite the fact that they believed in Easter bunnies and chocolate eggs as small children, they grew to learn of Jesus amazing love, and the sacrifice he made for them on the cross of calvary.

Have a blessed Easter.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lovely post mom. Gosh, you take me down memory lane so often! I remember this day!
Love you
Shirl