MANY PEOPLE HAVE SAID TO ME, "WHAT A PITY YOU HAD SUCH A BIG FAMILY TO RAISE THINK OF THE NOVELS AND THE SHORT STORIES AND POEMS YOU NEVER HAD TIME TO WRITE BECAUSE OF THAT.'

AND I LOOKED AT MY CHILDREN AND I SAID, 'THESE ARE MY POEMS. THESE ARE MY SHORT STORIES.




Saturday, May 9, 2009

BETWEEN US, MOTHER .....

A lot lot has happened between us over the years.
We've shared good times that I'll always remember.
We've shared disappointments that neither of us
could have gotten through without the other.
We've spend time together and time apart.
We've shared moments that only a mother and
child will ever know.
There were times when I thought we couldn't
get any closer.
And there were times when we seemed so far apart.
But somehow it is the times we have shared lately
that have seemed the best to me.
Perhaps we understand each other
better now.
I'm no longer a child anymore,
and I know now why you did
some of the things you did.
Perhaps because we're both
more willing to listen now -
to the way each of us things and feels,
and we take such pleasure in being together.
Perhaps because we've been through
so much together
over the years, we have so much in common,
and we are so much alike, you and I,
that somehow it just seems easier to talk
and to share things as friends.

So many times lately, I've wanted to let you
know how I treasure your love.
I only hope these words can somehow relate
all of the feelings I have inside for you.
The wonderful memories you've given me,
the way I look forward to our future times
together,
the incredible thankfulness I feel,
and the never-ending love I have in my heart
for you.

No comments: